Monday, March 11, 2013

Review: NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

I'm aware this primer has been out for about a year now, but I decided to review this because I don't see a lot of reviews about this online.


This retails at $3.59 at CVS, making it the cheapest face primer at the drugstore (Rimmel London's and Hard Candy's face primer retail at $8 each.) I was intrigued by this by the price because like I said it is cheaper than most drugstore primers. What I found weird about this is that it has a "shade." You can't really see it but it has a little circle that says 'Shade 684,' which is strange for a primer. 


The packaging is very user friendly, it is a squeeze tube as you can see.

What I didn't like about the primer was this:
Freshly squeezed out of the tube

Slightly blended out.

It has a TON of shimmer. When I put it on my face it made me look super shiny (and that's that I have dry skin.) Another thing that I didn't like about this primer is that it made me look (and be) super oily. I wish I had pictures of me wearing this, but I don't. :(

Overall, I didn't like this primer at all. Yes it was cheap, but i rather cough up about 5 more dollars on a primer that I like.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Have you tried this primer? If you have, let me know!

With much love,
- Jo. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment